Thursday, January 20, 2005

Japan With Kids - Forums - Battle

OK I did it again.

I royally pissed off another webmaster.


CoCo,


This post was basicaly about when you bumped your brow on a glass table at Chon-san's.
By the time you read this I anticipate that you will still have a light scar under your left eybrow - probably where the hair doesn't grow.
At this time you normaly stay with Jesse, your babysitter, and Teman, her son.
She took you to Chon-san's home who is your Mom's friend. She has a 2 year old daughter Jasmine that is your friend also.

The problem is


A) Chon-san's home is not childproof.


B) You were tired and Jesse does not give you a daily nap like you need.


This is the first bad effect of your Mothers poor decision making - namely to divorce.
I insisted that you go to a Montessori school (expensive in tokyo) and for that your mother should work.
But now that your mother and I are divorced we cannot afford to send you to a good school so Mika (your mom) is having Jesse watch over you.
If you were in my custody I would send you to school.

Back to the incedent. Chon-san is in denial. She says it "was just an accident" and "was bound to happen anyway."
I dont agree. I think it was preventable for the above listed reasons.
You were watching a video with Teman and Jasmine and the video had "UP and DOWN" excercises.
Apparently you suddenly sat up and as you ducked down you hit your head on the glass table in front of you.

Jesse took you to Hiro hospital.
She tried to call your Mom, but your Mom cannot answer the phone while she is working.
The doctor reccomended to give you stitches, By the time I was contacted I said I would go right away but your Mom emailed me saying that they already made the decision without consulting the parents.
When I got to the hospotal I asked the doctor to explain why he decided to go with stitches. He said it would have been just as well to have used a seri-strip (aka butterfly) but there is more chance of movement with them.
It is my understanding that in the US we use the non-invasive butterfly with smaller cuts that are not succeptable to movement because the chance of scarring is lower.

I had posted because I wanted to find out if this was true or not.


I was extremely worried that because of the stitches rather than the butterfly you will yave a larger scar.
But all in all you took it like a trooper and you almost seem to enjoy the fact that you have a real "ouch" that brings you extra attention from Mommy and Daddy.


Love from your disappointed (but not in you) but loving,

Daddy





Dear Westsan,


Please take a deep breath before writing your posts because you are writing on
the edge of crossing over into "offensive". Please read
the brief but succinct

Rules and "Netiquette"

http://www.tokyowithkids.com/discussions/board-instructions.html#rules Things happen or are said that set off highly emotional reactions, but these
forums are PUBLIC and everyone can read them, Even if your identity is hidden,
you screen persona is up for ridicule, and of course you may lose your posting
privileges if you let yourself go too far.



I have changed the topic heading to simply "Hiro


Hospital

" to keep the JWK site design of the discussion neutral.

Admin

__________________________________________________________________________



At 10:10 PM 01/17/2005, you wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------



Japan With Kids - Forums: Health Topics: Hospitals/Clinics:

Stitches: Hiroo Hospital to be warned about - I think




------------------------------------------------------------





By Westsan on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 10:10 pm:



The doctor put 4 black nylon stitches in a 1cm cut on my baby girls brow.




That seems to me to be FAR too many stitches for what I assume would have been
done with a butterfly in were it USA.



Is Japanese medical practice archaic (brutal) or am I overreacting???



I asked the doctor (Fuji-something)
and he said they used a finer stitch but I dont think
a stitch was necessary at all!

Esp. not 4!!!! Dont stitches cause more/a
larger scar that a butterfly would?



Furthermore isnt it better to use the kind of
stitches that disappear naturally to avoid scarring?!



If anyone knows please share with me? Because I am
about to overreact to a lawyer!



If your in the Azabu area dont take your kid to the Hiroo Hospital.



------------------------------------------------------------


DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE! It is an automatic e-mail

notification message from the discussion board indicating

that a new message was posted. If you do not wish to

receive further e-mail notification messages from this

discussion board, edit your user or moderator profile to

turn off the e-mail notification option.



Use this link to go directly to the discussion: http://www.tokyowithkids.com/cgi/discus/show.cgi?35/1312 By Westsan on Thursday, January
13, 2005 - 10:32 pm:

westsan needs a handout too!
specifically Barney, Teletubbies,
Maisy, and Sesame Street (w/Elmo [my hero]).

However, I will pay gladly pay for these items - or any educational materials
that might teach my daughter the value of a dollar (or yen).



By Westsan on Thursday, January
13, 2005 -


07:18 pm:

most of those videos are FOR SALE @ Kinokuniya






No comments: